250 replies to this topic

#121 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:18 PM

yeah - no problem... we can make the nodes whatever symbols we'd want to use. labels and links can be toyed with too, if I remember right. lastly, I think we can tweak the algorithm that builds the network graph, for a different structure/look. (I think we could do 3-d, too, but doesn't necessarily look good). it's been a few years since I used the software... but I can probably shake the rust off and come up with something pretty clean if you want.

I think the network will fill out better when the ratio of individuals to bands is closer to even. meaning, the table I used to make that had like 15 people and 50 bands... which I think will shift quite a bit once the table(s) get more fully populated.

#122 bob

bob

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

man, i forgot about kareen. i never got to see you, but i'd crank that one song cd quite a bit. maybe it was three songs... if i'm remembering correctly now... somehow i completely forgot about suicide nation, which is super embarrassing. which is connected to contravene, which is connected to alliacious which is connected to wall of death which is connected to most of the branches of that 'mess of a tree' of flagstaff bands burke mentioned, which has now, of course, invaded portland.

okay here is my list for matt m related stuff

2000 Flushes
The Gimps/Gosia446 noise/godheadsilo worship
the A Team w/ Joe Copelman total Earth Worship before Earth worship was cool
Noreaster
Tho Ko Losi
A pain from the groin to the throat
Suicide Nation
The wind makes a mockery of man
Kareen
Hell is for Heroes
Bullyrag
Financial Panther
Landmine Marathon

#123 allisonorphan

allisonorphan

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:36 AM

like this

cool!
i put my bands in!

i am also so glad that someone mentioned terror at sea. "tsunami" was one of my personal favorites from a local band! i still have that on cassette somewhere......

#124 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:51 AM

like this

cool!
i put my bands in!

i am also so glad that someone mentioned terror at sea. "tsunami" was one of my personal favorites from a local band! i still have that on cassette somewhere......

I didn't know you were in the Billy No Mates, what a small world. I remember seeing you guys at the Lucky Dragon.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#125 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:02 AM

OK so here's an updated image as of saturday morning... it's getting busy. y'all are in too many bands.

edit - kinda crazy how the weighting puts fred at the center of the whole scene....

#126 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

this is awesome, I can see this getting out of control here pretty soon, but still very cool.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#127 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

ok, well the fred thing was a data entry error... here's a more-correct version.

#128 capthfc

capthfc

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

i've added my info as well, to sheet 1 at least.
very interested to see how this all turns out.
throw the children.

#129 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

Bella & The Huskies
just thought they ought to be on too.

#130 mattm

mattm

Shizz Ninja

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

kareen recorded one 20 minute songs... wrote four songs all between 10-20 minutes. toured once up the west coast with yaphet kotto then split up....

yeah i forgot about eric corder in sn too.. oops!!!

contravene also spawned or had members of sea of depravation, which will open even more arms to this wretched tree!!!

man, i forgot about kareen. i never got to see you, but i'd crank that one song cd quite a bit. maybe it was three songs... if i'm remembering correctly now... somehow i completely forgot about suicide nation, which is super embarrassing. which is connected to contravene, which is connected to alliacious which is connected to wall of death which is connected to most of the branches of that 'mess of a tree' of flagstaff bands burke mentioned, which has now, of course, invaded portland.

okay here is my list for matt m related stuff

2000 Flushes
The Gimps/Gosia446 noise/godheadsilo worship
the A Team w/ Joe Copelman total Earth Worship before Earth worship was cool
Noreaster
Tho Ko Losi
A pain from the groin to the throat
Suicide Nation
The wind makes a mockery of man
Kareen
Hell is for Heroes
Bullyrag
Financial Panther
Landmine Marathon

#131 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

hey-someone put bands i was in.

i remember the Fake McCoys at Edcels Attic, what was the singers name?. and going underage into the sun club. and sitting by myself at long wongs cause i didn't know anyone-but wanted to be where all the music was happening.

me and Amy Young (Perhelion Arts) were in a band called Dick Driver i have the cassettes to prove it. she played drums-and now she plays drums with the Cosmeticators wiith Chela.

shit i remember The peeps. played at some club on roosevelt and hayden. i was so psyked at that show.

heather shope from uber A played guitar in a short lived all-girl rockabilly band with loads of names, in tempe.

breakfast of champions-sioux milgrove is still carrying that on i believe, and the b.o.c. drummer mary esquievel is now playing drums with the del toros out of portland.

one really old band i was in called swank played an art gallery show (ashland gallery) with Luke Mather's old band um.. mangrove(?)
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

#132 bisbee slim

bisbee slim

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

dick driver is such a rad name

#133 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

Skeksis, should we get rid of sheet 1 and focus our attention to sheet 2?

that we all update 1 sheet and don't have to worry about porting it to the other.

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#134 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

my $0.02 at this point would be to have people continue working on spreadsheet 1 or something similar; I'll convert to the other format... just to avoid too much confusion.

one other thought to make things easier in my head would be to flip the list so that it's not organized as 'bands by individuals" but instead list the bands and then the (several?) people in those bands. that way, I think we'd get some more complete info... right now we have a bunch of bands linked to just one person.

ie - I've been in two bands since I moved to phx, but I can name all the folks (~10 people) involved, and to some extent link them to other bands they've been in. if everyone thought of their own 'band network' that way, we'd have a more-complete list. also a pretty interesting way to see how the 'shizz scene' articulates with the rest of the phx scene.

we'll eventually have to sort out some rules and where to make boundaries... but we might as well be ambitious and get all possible data at this point.

#135 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

hey-someone put bands i was in.

i remember the Fake McCoys at Edcels Attic, what was the singers name?. and going underage into the sun club. and sitting by myself at long wongs cause i didn't know anyone-but wanted to be where all the music was happening.

me and Amy Young (Perhelion Arts) were in a band called Dick Driver i have the cassettes to prove it. she played drums-and now she plays drums with the Cosmeticators wiith Chela.

shit i remember The peeps. played at some club on roosevelt and hayden. i was so psyked at that show.

heather shope from uber A played guitar in a short lived all-girl rockabilly band with loads of names, in tempe.

breakfast of champions-sioux milgrove is still carrying that on i believe, and the b.o.c. drummer mary esquievel is now playing drums with the del toros out of portland.

one really old band i was in called swank played an art gallery show (ashland gallery) with Luke Mather's old band um.. mangrove(?)

good info, put it on the spreadsheet!
you're a signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users